Ready to Apply? Begin by filling out our membership form, or read on to learn more.
Why become an ENCorps Volunteer?
Whether you are already working to improve your community or just beginning to find the time to get involved, ENCorps will provide you with new opportunities to give back to your community. You will:
- Learn valuable skills and techniques to help improve your community through ongoing free workshops, seminars and training
- Attend a two-day annual Summit that includes training sessions with state and national leaders focused on improving and protecting the quality of life in Maine along with an opportunity to meet others from around the state
- Be eligible for stipends to fund community volunteer projects
- Become part of a statewide network of volunteers creating positive change in their communities
What do ENCorps Volunteers do?
The ENCorps program provides on-going training and networking opportunities in addition to a two-day Leadership Summit experience. There, participants learn about community development, community health, food security and environmental stewardship, and have a chance to meet other ENCorps Volunteers from around the state. Travel and lodging is provided for those who need it.
Sample ENCorps Volunteer Opportunities
- Serve as an environmental educator with a conservation program
- Help start a farmer’s market in your community
- Assist as a volunteer at a local food pantry
- Help to write grants for a local planning organization or environmental program
- Participate in a local town planning committee or board
In order to qualify as an ENCorps volunteer you must be aged 50 or older and:
- Have a strong interest in community development, community health, and/or environmental stewardship
- Be willing to volunteer (or are currently a volunteer) for a local planning board, environmental organization, community program, or participate in other opportunities that fit with the goals of the Corps (prior volunteer experience of any type preferred)
- Be willing to report your volunteer hours monthly
- Have a strong interest in lifelong learning
- Be available to attend the annual ENCorps Summit